From all the fast food restaurants, Carls Jr. and Toppers Pizza were the only ones that I could remember going frequently with my family from all my childhood memories. I could never forget the black rugged floor with all these weird, different colored designs on it, the red seats, the crazily spotted tables, and the pictures that the owner of Carls Jr. hung up on the walls (from the same artist, I believe). We would go to the restaurant almost every Sundays as a family. My parents and my older sister would order hamburgers, like usual, whereas me and my two little sisters ordered different types of meals. I would order 6-9 chicken stars, a large French fries, and a large drink of Coca-Cola. My parents weren’t that strict at that time with my eating habits so I was happy. And what I also remember about that place was that my aunt worked in that same restaurant so she gave us some discounts whenever we had the chance to order with her. Whenever she had breaks, she would come to us and chat about what had happened during that week. Viewing back, I believe that that place reflected the union of my family. But Carls Jr. could never compare with Topper’s delicious pizza. Oh my, back then, I thought I was in heaven each time I took a bite of the hot, cheesy, and scrumptious pizza. If one knew us personally, one would know that every time we went there was because we were having a special occasion such as birthdays or any accomplishments we had in our school. In that place, I had many favorite memories and where I thought, innocently, that everything was alright.
Today, in the present, we’re more cautious on how much we are eating than back then. I don’t rely on fast food restaurants as much as I did before. We go to Carls Jr. only when we have nothing prepared to eat in our house, but as for Toppers, we have kept the tradition all these years which I think is pretty neat. Since my little sisters and I grew out of being picky with food, we’ve started to get to know different restaurants that we’ve never been before such as Panda Express, other Mexican restaurants, and other varieties of fast food places. I’m glad that we added more to our list of favorite restaurants because we’re beginning to know different cultures and tastes that are becoming part of us. To be honest, I’m not sure how this plays a big part in my life right now, but it has given me happiness when I share these moments with my family. It gives us these small opportunities for us to talk to each other, to know what’s bothering us, and to laugh since practically we almost don’t see much of each other in the house. We all have our busy schedules, but those are the moments that I really cherish and make me feel special. So whenever you guys are eating with your family in some type of restaurant, talk to each other. Don’t be busy texting in your phones or in those new gadgets that you guys have because you really don’t know what you’re missing out. Who knows? They may just make your day brighter when you need it.
I can relate i would usually go Carls Jr. as well. Good job. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDelete