Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Important People


           Man, three important people in my life, huh? Well, like some people have said in their blogs, it’s hard to pick out people who have been an influence or have touched our lives in different ways. Having said this, I think the people who have played an important role in my life would be my mom, my dad, and my friend, Octavio.

            Most of the people who know my mom would say that I look just like her with our round faces and “Asian”-shaped like eyes as people would say sometimes. The only difference is that she has dark colored skin whereas my skin color is a bit lighter than hers. She’s short, has straight, shoulder-length, black hair where right now there are a few white hairs that are starting to appear here and there but aren’t that noticeable, and she’s a bit chubby. She’s very easy to talk to and she’s likeable to anybody. She has this great smile that will make you crack a smile even when you’re facing through a hard time. She’s really a good cook when it comes to my favorite foods which are practically everything and somehow she’s a good listener whenever I have something that is troubling me. She also likes to dance a lot, which is her favorite hobby when she has time. She has her days when she’s really irritated or really angry to a point where my family tries to be careful on what to say to her, but overall, she’s amazing. She’s important to me because she’s the one who was always there for me when I was in my lowest point and also, she was the one who has helped me become the person who I can be. Though I don’t say much to her about how deeply grateful I am for all her sacrifices and love that she has made and given to me and my sisters, I’m really grateful to God that He has given me an amazing mom who is a great example and shows great courage when facing through challenging times.

            My dad and I are pretty much alike when it comes to personality. He’s not that social, doesn’t like to talk much, and loves music that involves with piano (relaxing music). He’s taller than me only for a few inches and his skin color is much lighter than mine. He has thin, puffy hair if he doesn’t cut it too short, has light-brown colored eyes, has some barely visible wrinkles on his forehead whenever he raises his eyebrows and has a bit of a pointy nose. If he started to have fun, he would laugh and it is the only time where he opens up to other people. He’s fun to be around him. He likes to read and he likes to learn new things. He’s the neat freak in our house and he’s a type of carpenter when he came up with making stuff up with wood. He’s very respectful to my mom and everybody else and rarely gets mad at anybody. The only time he gets mad is if we ever screamed or say something mean or rude to my mom. He’s important to me because he would always give me advice when I didn’t know what to do or when I’m stressing out. He’s a kind of teacher to me that connects stories that he’s read to life so I would be able to understand. Somehow, he is able to connect with me because he knows what I’m going through with the experience that he had when he was young when other people can’t understand me. He’s been there in my highest and the lowest and I’m grateful for having a father like him.

            Octavio, in a sense, is like the other me, only about a 10 year difference and that he’s a guy and is into science. He’s about my size, only an inch taller, has brown eyes, very short prickly hair, and dark skin and he’s like a stick. He’s into martial arts and is into some anime shows as well. He’s serious almost all the time, but when we joke around with him, he’s really funny and is a bit childish for his age. He’s important to me because he has helped me go through things that I wouldn’t do on my own, such as learning how to drive or how to be an independent adult sometimes. He also helps me how to have fun when I was too tense. He’s been there for me and he’s the greatest guy I ever known.

No comments:

Post a Comment