I really never had any
interest on reading these types of books such as Fast Food Nation about real life issues because it’s boring for my
taste. When I saw the size of the book, I thought that I wasn’t going to like
it all. But once I read the first chapter of Fast Food Nation, I was really amazed how much information the
author had provided in the chapter for the readers. There was humor in a sense
and Schlosser has indeed brought out the issues on the table for us very nicely
about the fast food problem that we are facing. There were a few negative
things about fast foods that I already knew at the time, but this big picture
that the author described in every chapter of this book has really shocked me
completely, made me feel queasy at times, and made me wonder or think more
about what’s going on in the world with fast food marketing. It really has made
me view things differently and has affected me with my decision making for now
and for the future. I think not eating meat will be a bit easy for me because I
don’t eat meat much like I used to when I was a little kid, but ground beef is
probably going to be a great challenge for me because it’s the only favorite
meat that I like, which is the worst meat that anyone could eat of as Schlosser
said, but I can probably manage. Now, I don’t go to restaurants as much like
before anymore, with the exception for pizza restaurants. I’m trying as hard as
I can to live in a healthy life style so that in the future, I would be healthy
and fit so that I can live longer to enjoy life. The issues that made me think of in this book
was about how workers were treated in these fast food companies and about what
these people are putting in the food. It really has made me feel disgust for
these companies. I think this book has made an impact in me and I would
recommend people to read this book so that they can make wise decisions for
their life.
I agree that the book was an eye opener and I also love the ground beef but I also love all the other types of meat also. Good luck on eating healthy
ReplyDeleteover all it was a interesting book and an eye opener
ReplyDeleteHell yeah this book is an eye opner!
ReplyDeleteI agree I really didn't think I would like the book at all.
ReplyDeleteThis book did turn out to be very interesting. I think it gives people an awareness about unhealthy eating habits and may change the way some people diet.
ReplyDeleteI agree that the book is an eye opener and that everyone should eat healthier.
ReplyDeleteI felt the same way about the book in the beginning. I was intimidated by the size of it but once I started to read it I could not stop.
ReplyDelete