When I was a little girl, I thought my parents knew
everything and that they weren’t afraid of anything. It seemed that way because
whenever I had problems with simple arithmetic problems in math, they would
help me through it and help me understand how to do it so I would be able to do
it on my own. Also, whenever I spotted a big, ugly, gigantic spider that was on
the top corner of my room, I would shout with horror for help and my parents were
always there to save the day. In that time, they looked like awesome heroes
that were invincible who had no weaknesses.
As
I grew up, I still thought that way until I started to observe them for the
first time. I had viewed them always as happy people, but with a bit of
observation, I saw sadness a few times in their lives and it was a bit new to
me. How could they be sad, I wondered for a bit but being still a child, I would
forget and let it slide past me. But as I grew older, I was more aware than I
was before. I came to realize that they, too, had fears, moments of sadness and
depressions like I did. Whenever I struggled in my classes and needed help, my
parents, whom I once thought that they knew everything, couldn’t help me at all
because they didn’t know English or how to solve Algebraic problems and because
they saw their own limits, they were so hard on themselves and felt helpless
around me.
The heroes that I once
saw as a little girl had slowly faded away, but this surprisingly has not made
me feel disappointed at all. I’m glad that they are not perfect as I once
imagined because if they were perfect, I would have thought that I was
ridiculous or stupid. Seeing them have weaknesses but are trying to become
better is what makes them real people who are facing through challenges like
everybody else. Knowing this, I can relate to them and could ask help when I’m
facing through trials of my own. Though they are limited in certain things,
they have helped me in other ways like helped me become a good person, motivate
me to shoot for the best and have good values. Though they are imperfect, they
are still my heroes to this day after knowing what they have been through in
their lives and what they have done for me and my other sisters. I love them
just the way they are.
Im happy to read that your parents aided you with homework. I also enjoy your grammar in this blog. Overall it was good.Good job! Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteone of those stories where i can relate. great post
ReplyDelete