Hi, everyone! Just to start off, my name is Tayde Luevano
(which is pronounced as “ty-dĕ” or “ty-thĕ”, in case you guys were wondering)
and I was born and raised in Oxnard practically my whole life. I live in a
wonderful family of 6. I’m the second oldest of my family and I have three
sisters, no brothers. I went to Marina West Elementary School when I was 6
years old and during this time I didn’t know how to speak nor read English. To
be honest, I never enjoyed kindergarten to 2nd grade at all
because those were the years of continuous tears when people were making fun of
me. I didn’t have friends until 3rd or 4th grade. I spent my time with two of my best friends
named Martin and William. With us three musketeers, our imagination during
recess time became magical and full of adventures. Happiness really didn’t last
long by the end of that year. William moved away probably after Thanksgiving,
then a few months later, my padrino, whom I was very close to, passed away.
These were my first tragic events that really impacted me deeply in my young
life. I fell in depression and stopped eating for a while. I was losing a lot
of weight and I was getting really weak that my parents were getting very worried
for me. To cut it short, I recovered slowly thanks to my God and my family and
went on with life. In 5th or 6th grade, I entered in the
Cesear Chavez Art Competition and won 1st place in my elementary
school and later won 3rd place in the whole school district. In 7th grade, I went to Haydock
Intermediate Junior High School and it was here where I met and made weird,
funny, and crazy friends. I started talking more than in my previous school but
was rarely outgoing. It was there also where I was first introduced with Anime.
My whole group of friends were Anime nerds and were also gifted artists. I
became an Anime artist myself also, but really wasn’t as good as them, even
though they said that I was great. Then, I went to Hueneme High School. Most of
my friends in junior high went to Oxnard High, but I met other great people
that became my greatest friends and were people who have helped me along the
way as well as my family during challenging times. I graduated from high school
with honors in June 2012, and took my first Fall semester in Oxnard College.
Right now, I’m attending Oxnard
College as you can see. This is my 2nd semester and I’m not much of
an awesome writer. This is honestly my first blog I ever had so I’m kind of
excited yet a bit nervous because other people will be reading what I’m
writing, but I’m sure I’ll do okay. I like to draw a lot, especially Anime, of
course. I like to imagine and create stories in my head and I would like to
write it down in paper but apparently I haven’t done it or finished any of it.
My problem I guess is that I can’t make these stories flow well or it is not
well organized. I daydream most of the time which is a bad habit if I’m in
class. I still live with my parents and I don’t have a job yet.
My goals are to become a better
writer and increase my vocabulary to become an author one day or become an
animator and work with Disney or any other animation groups that exist out
there. I really don’t know if they pay well, honestly, but I think that’s what
I’ll enjoy later on. I want to get good grades, no, the best grades if
possible, receive my associate degree, and hope to transfer to a university to
finish my studies. I have other plans, but for now, these are some things I
want to complete. I’m looking forward to
this semester and I hope we get to know each other better in this course.
P.S. If I
feel like it, I might show some of my art work or drawings in this blog, and if
I do, I want to know what you guys think about it, okay?
Hello my fellow artist,
ReplyDeleteIt was really interesting reading your first ever blog! I can’t to relate with your story , as a kid I too was taunted for being different. I would love to contemplate some of your artwork, please post some very soon! I’m looking forward having you for this class.
Hi,I found your blog to be interesting because you seem very creative and i like your blog name. hope u conquer all your goals. good luck! :)
ReplyDeleteHey, sorry to hear bout your past as a kid. I can relate to the teasing, kids are cruel. I do hope to see your art. I'm majoring in graphic design so similar love for the arts!
ReplyDeleteHello, I'm looking forward to getting to know you better in English class . You seem to be such a nice girl. I cant wait to see some of your art work.
ReplyDeleteI have always been interested in drawing and painting but found that I'm not very good at it. It would be nice to see your work though(: I enjoy looking at drawings, it amazes me how some people have such talent!
ReplyDeleteHey, I really cant wait to see some of your drawings. The only thing I can draw are some pretty cool stick figures. Anyaways, good luck I hope to see some Disney work from you.
ReplyDeleteHi, I am so sorry about your past, but I know that the future will be better for you. I am looking to getting to know you better in class. And I am so excited to see your art, can't wait!
ReplyDeletewhat a nice unique name. hopefully you are able to work with disney and ill be able to see one of your movies
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't mind if you posted some drawings because I enjoy seeing other peoples drawings. It sometimes can shows a broader image of one-self. I am positive you will define and learn about yourself in the future because it looks like you could be a creative person. I enjoyed reading your first post because it reminds me of experiences I had. I also think this course will expand both our creativity so we can benefit from it in the future.
ReplyDelete